2214 North Triphammer Road (currently 2230 North Triphammer Road)
From the Cayuga Heights History Project
Extracts:
"The two-story red brick building now on Kendal at Ithaca property along North Triphammer Road is known as the Manning-Labar Farmhouse. According to former Cayuga Heights Village Historian Carol Sisler, the home was built sometime between 1810 and 1829. It is a candidate for the oldest home in Cayuga Heights."
"The property surrounding the Manning-Labar Farmhouse was from about 1808 the “homestead” of Richard (1777-1827) and Lydia Vaughan (1778-1848) Manning."
"In 1808, Richard and Lydia purchased property from Lydia’s father Daniel Vaughan on Military Lot 89. The 83-acre farm stretched westward from what is now North Triphammer Road to the middle of today’s Kendal at Ithaca property."
"In 1920, the farm was sold to Elmer Savage (1884-1943) and Genevieve Savage. Elmer Savage was a Cornell professor of Animal Husbandry who was internationally known for developing feed standards for dairy cows. He operated a dairy farm on the former Manning farm and bred Guernsey cows."