"In 1831, Ebenezer Mac, owner of the Ithaca Journal from 1823 to 1833, and partner William Andrus purchased this site for their printing and publishing business. Fire destroyed the original building, and the current one was constructed in 1871.

In 1929, Home Dairy started as a buttermilk and donut shop in this location. At some point, the original cast-iron storefront was replaced by the existing wood and glass façade. Special details include the oak signboard with gilt lettering, arched windows, and stone globes punctuating the ends of each cornice."

Source

Historic Ithaca, DeWitt Park Historic District and Downtown Ithaca: An Architectural Walking Tour, 30. 

  Flag