"Behind the Wilgus Block on South Tioga Street was the Journal Block (1872), also designed by A. B. Dale. The Ithaca Journal built it and remained there until it moved to its present site in 1905. Rothschild's later remodeled the Journal Block and occupied the whole building. All three buildings were torn down for urban renewal in 1975."

Source

Daniel R. Snodderly, Ithaca and Its Past: The History and Architecture of the Downtown, Ithaca, NY: DeWitt Historical Society of Tompkins County, 1982.

  Flag