106 North Tioga St. Historic name: County Clerk’s Office Building
"Two-story, three-bay, painted brick office building with cut stone water table and foundation; street-level facade retains arched windows with stone sills, fixed wood fans in arches, brick window hoods with corbel stops, and one-over-one sash in two bays; main entrance with fixed wood fan in arch and brick hood in third bay; belt course between the first story and second story with corbelled brackets divides building horizontally; second story retains segmentally arch windows and non-historic one-over-one sash; bays recessed in segmental arches above four two-story brick pilasters; circular windows with sunburst-design iron grilles between segmental arches and above molded pilaster capitals; corbelled brick cornice and stamped metal coping at roofline. Built 1862. 
Architect: John H. Maurice 
Historical note: The County Clerk’s Office was located at this site from the ca. 1820s until 1933. Though designated as the permanent site of the Clerk’s Office, the office was moved, and the Tompkins County Trust Company took over the building in the 1940s."

Source

National Register of Historic Places Registration Form for Ithaca Downtown Historic District, December 18, 2004

  Flag