This house was originally built after 1812 by Henry Ackley and located at the NW corner of Seneca and Cayuga Streets. In 1874, after the death of Henry's wife, Lydia, their son-in-law, Samuel H. Winton, built a new house for his family on that site and moved the Ackley House to 615 W Seneca St.
Mary Tomlan, "Fashionable house became home for women's federation," Ithaca Journal, March 31, 2012, 9A.