“In 1927 this building was purchased by Ithaca Savings and Loan Association. Initially located on the second floor, with retail stores below, the Association remodeled the building in 1931 to utilize the first and second floors. "In making the extensive alterations to the building, the association incidentally has dressed up the corner and made it more of an asset to the prosperous appearance of the business district. The sharp corner of the building was sliced off and an entrance facing the angle of the corner was constructed." 17
Article contains additional description of the building's interior and exterior changes and before and after photos of the exterior.
"Savings and Loan Moves Downstairs: Quarters Altered," Ithaca Journal, December 17, 1931, 17-18.